CEA Systems attends the 9th European Pressure Equipment Conference
A marketing team of CEA Systems is attending the 9th European Pressure Equipment Conference organized by TÜV on June 8th and 9th in Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany.
The conference provides information about latest developments of rules and standards, such as EN 13445, EN 13480 and ASME Code and their consequences for export, import and operation.
CEA Systems showcased its software solutions Codex for designs and calculations of pressure vessels and Plant-4D for plant designs.
About the conference
The European Pressure Equipment Conference has emerged as a recognized forum for experts in recent years. The conference provides information about latest developments of rules and standards, such as EN 13445, EN 13480 and ASME Code and their consequences for export, import and operation. Following the trend of 2009, we will place even more emphasis on the international markets. We will focus on the rules and standards in China, India, Korea and Russia to support manufacturers with their interpretation. This will assist companies to assess the requirements and general conditions worldwide. Selected aspects of the topic "components" will be addressed in detail upon participants' request. Other core topics of the conference are field reports on reconstruction and repair of pressure equipment and examples of calculations in accordance with ASME.
Questions of international trade
- The Russian market for manufacturers of pressure equipment
- The requirements of Chinese regulations for an installation site in China
- The integration of assemblies in the industrial environment - Practice using the example of Switzerland
- Industrial plants and assemblies - putting into service in Austria
Quality issues/damage and project examples
- Are Notified Bodies able to avoid damages on Pressure Equipments?
- Stress and manufacturing-friendly design - avoid causes of damages to welded structures
- Specific properties of heavy steel plates leading to a better efficiency for pressure vessel fabricators
Current status of European and international regulation and standards
- New edition of European standards EN 13445 and EN 13480
- EN 13445 potential benefits for plant users
- EN 13445-2, unfired pressure vessels, part 2 materials, the changes of the 2009 edition
- Leakage rate design limits for bolted flange connections
- Flanges according to DIN EN 1591-1: The importance of bolt forces
- Latest developments in ASME pressure equipment codes and standards
- Fatigue damage evaluation of a weld joint according to ASME VIII-2
- Update of studies comparing selected issues of the ASME Code with EN standards
The conference addresses
- Manufacturers of pressure equipment
- Manufacturers in plant and pipeline construction
- Operators of small to large-scale plants
- Plant designers and constructors
- Technical consulting companies
- Test and inspection organizations